Steve Bruneman is an experienced, AV Preeminent rated, board certified family law attorney who has been selected a Texas SuperLawyer seven times during his career. He has been a trial lawyer since 1982 when he served for three years as an Assistant District Attorney in Midland County, Texas. In 1985 he entered private practice and eventually joined the law firm of Koons Fuller in 1999. His practice became BrunemanLaw, PC in 2010. He has handled every type of family law case and family law issue imaginable, and represented all types of clients including those suffering from mental illness and severe anger issues. Steve knows the difficulty family law attorneys face representing clients in family law cases and he understands the law as it pertains to the multitude of issues specific to family law cases.
Having tried more than his fair share of cases before the courts and juries for decades, Steve understands the dynamics and challenges associated with trial work. He has also settled a multitude of cases in mediation and firmly believes in the mediation process for bringing difficult cases to conclusion.
Managing clients and parties’ emotions is challenging for most attorneys and it’s something Steve has become exceptionally good at over the course of his career. Steve deeply understand the psychological dynamics involved in family law cases and utilizes that knowledge in every case he handles both as a lawyer and as a mediator.
In 2012 Steve added published author to his resume having written “Winning the Marriage Gamble” which is a step by step guide to gaining a better understanding of relationships and marriage, and he gives a copy of his book to every party whose case he mediates.
Steve’s experience and reputation rank him among the top family law attorneys in Texas, and his reputation as a mediator is growing.
How Can We Help You?
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2000; recertified in 2005, 2010, 2015
- Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1985
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D., 1981
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A., 1978
Honors and Awards
- Texas SuperLawyer, 2004 – 2009, 2018
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 1981 – Present
- Dallas Bar Association, 1984 – Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Board of Directors, Family Law Section, 2005 – 2007
- Dallas Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, Treasurer
- Dallas Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, Vice Chair, 2012 – 2013
- Dallas Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, Chairman, 2013 – 2014
- Dallas Bar Association, New Member Committee, 2012 – present
- Dallas Bar Association, Fee Dispute Committee, 2012 – 2014
- Dallas Bar Association, Bench Bar Committee, 2012 – present
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association – Dallas Chapter, Board of Directors , 2004 – 2007
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association – Dallas Chapter, President, 2006 – 2008
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2000 – Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 1995 – Present
- Dallas Subcommittee for the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Supreme Court of Texas, Member, 2013-2018
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section